Wednesday, July 1, 2009

day 7

21 out of 25 seeds have sprouted!  the seedlings have nice big round healthy looking leaves.  some are still folded into the earth.  i think i got good seeds.  and i seem to have a good formula for growing them so far.  

my only concern is this one in the middle.  it looks like it's tips are sunburnt.  don't know why.
the pictures look a little different this time because i took them at night.  this was the plants' first night time photo shoot.  i was doing other stuff after work.

i went to an entrepreneur's seminar tonight.  it was interesting.  don't tell my boyfriend i went.  he's already scared that i will follow one of my crazy dreams and lose the family fortune.  what i am hoping for is that i follow one of my crazy dreams and i make the family fortune!  anyways, they talked about the importance of branding, marketing, and having a tag line.  we'll try the one above for awhile.  it seems to fit.  i also need to come up with a mission.

really, why am i doing this?  well, i am doing this to make a little extra money.  i am doing this because growing things fills my soul.  i could do it for hours and the time just slips away.  i am doing this because i want to be able to afford a housekeeper once a month.  i hate cleaning my house--no, i take that back--i hate cleaning, period.  she came here yesterday and did my dishes!  she did my dishes, people!  i don't have a dishwasher, and that is a big deal to me.  it was worth every penny.  so, yes, i am selling plants so that i don't have to do dishes... in a round-about sort of way.

but that can't be the mission for my company!  "to grow and sell healthy beautiful plants so that i don't have to do my own dishes."  i feel like it needs to be much more esoteric than that.  i'll keep working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment